Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reason/Creation
In computer networking, a [b]gateway[/b] is a node (a router) on a TCP/IP network that serves as an access point to another network. A [b]default gateway[/b] is the node on the computer network that the network software uses when an IP address does not match any other routes in the routing table. It is usually the IP address of the router to which your PC network is connected.

In home computing configurations, an ISP often provides a physical device which both connects local hardware to the Internet and serves as a gateway. Such devices include DSL routers and cable routers.

In organizational systems a gateway is a node that routes the traffic from a workstation to another network segment. The default gateway commonly connects the internal networks and the outside network (Internet). In such a situation, the gateway node could also act as a proxy server and a firewall. The gateway is also associated with both a router, which uses headers and forwarding tables to determine where packets are sent, and a switch, which provides the actual path for the packet in and out of the gateway.

In other words, a default gateway provides an entry point and an exit point in a network.

All websites powered by "Nezy" have all rights reserved to anything they upload. The creation of this process founded by Exclusive Access: March 13th, 2013. Many websites before this has had the gateway accessed just never really gave notice about it.

Current Owner/Founder
[align=center][b][i]Exclusive Access[/i][/b] [i][b]Head Developer[/b][/i] & [i][b]Administrator[/b][/i]
[color=#C71585]Come As Guest. Stay As Family[/color]
Spoiler:
Founder of Nezy & Exclusive Access © 2013-2014
Forum Staff Team
[/align]